Bad Hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

locki433

In Runtime
I have an old 300gb drive that crashed on me. The heads have stopped moving. I tried changing out the controller board with an identical drive, but didn't work. I am going to send it in to a company to open the drive and get the information off of it, but wasen't sure which companies are best. Wanted to see if anybody had any good experiences with any companies. Thanks

I can't recommend a data recovery service because I've never needed one. With all the options available for data backup it would seem to me that the service wouldn't be needed but apparently there is a great need since when I googled "data recovery service" I got thousands of hits.

I like the idea of the services that say "no recovery, no charge" others may charge per hour whether any data was recovered or not. You will need to decide how valuable the data is and how much you are willing to pay.

Pics of baby's first year, had everything else backed up, somehow missed those. Wife wants them, so they are INVALUABLE. :)

^unlikely that they'd offer that service.

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as strollin, never had to make use of a such a company yet, so no recommendations as to which would be best :/ if it were me I guess a quick google and a few pricing/guarantee calls would be my next step.

Went with mindovermatter idea. Seagate had a service for that, guess they would be the best at their own drives.

I have actually dealt with a few service companies a few years ago, customer came in, had baby pictures, in the end, we went through 7 different companies, most charged $300 if they couldn't get anything, there was ONE that charged ONLY if they could recover data. End the end, she spent a LOT of money, and no company could recover the data. The issue was the platters, some how they had been badly corrupted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom