Bad CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I've seen a run of luck as bad as this ever before lol, you're a record holder! :)

I know, everything's gone downhill after I upgraded to i7. My E8400 was from a perfect batch (4.2 on 1.25V), RAM worked, mobo was great, now I get to my i7 rig... It takes a paragraph to describe what's gone wrong.

I'd do just about anything now to get a working desktop.

I now feel your pain... my second corsair psu just flipped out.. and this time I have to RMA... i hate corsair... lol

It has now been 7 days since they received my PSU, and they have not sent a return PSU yet lol. And to top off everything my laptop HDD died :(.

guess my psu was playing jokes with me, it stopped buzzing :)

What would really top it off would be if you Xbox 360 RROD'd :D lolol

Haven't logged in lately because I've been so mad. It wasn't the PSU, and I'm starting to go bat**** crazy. I took the PSU out, because it was a loaner so I can't test anything till Monday (replacement PSU is in Houston). But only thing left is the HDD that I can think of hardware wise (and yes, I've reinstalled Windows over 10 times). I also came up with the idea that it could be "dirty" power or some bs at this crappy apartment. I'm going back to my home in Houston on Monday, and I'm gonna try to get this sorted out. If it get's bad enough I'll just give the piece of crap away and start over :/. Just posting because somebody might have some sort of insight as to why the **** is it still unstable when I've replaced nearly every part.

Looking thru your past posts the only thing that I see is your idle temps at stock speeds are higher than mine at 4.2GHz. I would lap my heatsink and possibly the cpu. And I'll repeat setting the MCH Strap to 1600 and "Without VDroop". You could always send the PC to me for tweaking.

Ok, I got my new PSU back in, and I tested it out today, still unstable lol. I set MCH to 1600 again and I have VDroop off. Btw, I put the heatsink back on after I transported it, and I get idle of 30's and load of 50's. Was a bad seating that time :p. I'm gonna mess with it tomorrow. I'm gonna run some tests and try to figure this BS out.

I think i know what the problem is. What mouse are you using? I think you may need to RMA that. If that doesn't work, you really need to meet up with someone with an i7 setup and try out all of your parts. Or if you don't know anyone, you could do what slaymate said and send it to him. He'll try out your components one by one in his rig to see whats wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom