Bad Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svoloch

Solid State Member
Hello, if possible I would greatly appreciate if someone could assist me with some errors Event Viewer is showing.

Now this started a few days ago ... I saw a constant message of disk error in the system log.

Knowing this could be fatal to the hard drive I looked online for some programs which could fix this.

HDD Regenerator 1.51 seemed appropriate. So I run the program, which took about 18 hrs to complete, to check for bad blocks and sectors.

After a long wait it found nothing. Surely I start my comp up and everything runs perfectly. No errors, nothing. Approximately 4 days go by since the smooth run with no errors and today ... I see the message again in the system log.

I understand that there may be some sort of file which is trying to access that section of the hard drive which causes the message to appear.

Are there any steps besides formatting that I have available? I do not wish to lose any data or program files in the process. Obviously if worst comes to worse I will format and if it still shows a bad block I'll know its time to part with this HD.

The message reads "The device, \Device\Harddisk0\D, has a bad block."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom