Awful Battery Issue - Don't know what to do

sneidsbro

Beta member
Hi all, I want to thank you for checking out this thread and say I hope you can help me!

So I've been dealing with a very annoying batter issue! The laptop I have is a Acer Aspire, it's only 3-4 months old and I don't know what to do.

I received the "Plugged in not charging" error awhile about and did a fair share of researching and trouble shooting, everything pointed towards getting a new battery. So I waited because I'm broke and busy to get a new one and in that time I noticed a few things.

The error wasn't stuck at "Plugged in not charging", it changed and cycled through being "100% charged" but when unplugged it would die, and for a while it was at "79% charged" with the same result when unplugged.

I finally got my new battery, all excited for the error to be gone and it's still there. I don't know what to do anymore but I'm hoping the intelligent people of this forum do :D

If there is any information needed please just ask, I'll be keeping my eye on this thread as I really want to get this issue resolved. If it's not the battery then I want to send the one I just bought back for a refund!

Thanks again for you time and help.

Sincerely, a troubled laptop user.

Are you sure the AC adapter is actually charging the battery properly?

If you have a multimeter, see what the voltage output is at the tip when it's plugged in.

Does it run properly if the battery is removed and you're only running off of the AC adapter?

Are you sure the AC adapter is actually charging the battery properly?

If you have a multimeter, see what the voltage output is at the tip when it's plugged in.

Does it run properly if the battery is removed and you're only running off of the AC adapter?

I'm not sure if it's charging the batter properly or not, I have no way of knowing. I don't think I have a multimeter, and the laptop boots up and runs fine with no battery in it and just running on the charger(AC Adapter).

Thanks for the reply, btw.

If it's only 3-4 months old, then you should have a warranty on it, Acer will fix it for you

I bought it through best buy, does that matter? I also don't know if they would fix it now, the screen is cracked and the only way I'm able to use it is through a monitor/HDMI TV rig.

I bought it through best buy, does that matter? I also don't know if they would fix it now, the screen is cracked and the only way I'm able to use it is through a monitor/HDMI TV rig.

That won't be covered under warranty and you'd be charged to fix - but the battery/charging issue would most likely be covered.

That won't be covered under warranty and you'd be charged to fix - but the battery/charging issue would most likely be covered.

What I mean is would they fix it for me even when having to deal with no screen? I feel like a company would say no because they can't view it properly. If it's possible to fix this issue without sending it in, I'd like to try.

What I mean is would they fix it for me even when having to deal with no screen? I feel like a company would say no because they can't view it properly. If it's possible to fix this issue without sending it in, I'd like to try.
Call and ask. We don't work for Acer, so we can't say one way or another.

Sent from my HTC One

Back
Top Bottom