Auto Re-Boot???

NOLACop

Baseband Member
I have a somewhat unique question. I have a Keytrak Guardian machine at work that I administer in addition to the network. The key machine is plugged into a UPS. The only way to turn the machine on after it has been turned off is to use the two security keys to open the top door and flip a toggle switch to turn it on. Here is my problem:

There are only one set of keys to the machine. Even though the machine has a UPS on it the issue I had recently is that of a computer freeze. The machine runs Windows XP and boots from XP to the Keytrak software. Tonight the machine froze up for an unknown reason. The people at work do not have access to the keys to the door to the machine. They unplugged the machine thinking it would restart after being plugged back in....It does not. So.... Is there a way to make the machine automatically boot after having power restored? I have seen threads about a BIOS setting but I think this machine is running a very basic if not custom version of XP and I don't think the BIOS option is there. Is there another way to make this happen or software I can get. Or maybe hardware or a hardware mod to make this work?

There is no way to make it auto reboot unless it crashes from a BSoD. Other than that you will need physical access to the machine.

Back
Top Bottom