Audio/Video Stuttering ...possibly PCI - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2005, 06:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Audio/Video Stuttering ...possibly PCI

Ok first my cpu...
1.6 pentium 4 processor
768 mb ram
60 gb hard drive
creative soundblaster PCI128 sound card
ati radeon 9550 video card
intel billings d845bg motherboard
Windows XP Professional

My problem is that certain games have sound stuttering, and most of my games have video stuttering, if im lucky the video won't stutter but i cant get the audio fixed... I have on-board sound, but I disabled it and I'm using a sound card. I've tried using a different sound card than the soundblaster and the onboard sound and I still get audio stuttering. The sound works for the most part, just in certain games it's all choppy and causes my game to be choppy. I'm guessing it has something to do with PCI or the motherboard. The games I've noticed stuttering in is Counter-Strike 1.6, Half-Life 2 (which is a valve problem for the most part), GTA: San Andreas, and Area 51. I'm a big CS 1.6 gamer, and it's rediculous how choppy this game is for my setup. The game runs smoother with an old Omega driver, but still get the audio stuttering

I've tried pretty much everything I can think of... I've updated all my drivers, disabled different stuff in device manager, trying different sound cards, lowering my sound/graphic settings, etc... I've been searching endlessly for the past month how to fix this and no luck. If anybody has any suggestions or anything, I would greatly appreciate it!

BTW, I'm going to be buying a new motherboard and processor in a couple months because my motherboard only supports AGP 4x, Pretty sure thats not the problem but it could be something wrong with my motherboard or BIOS..

Old 12-12-2005, 12:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Old 12-16-2005, 12:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

ok, i installed black & white 2 and the audio stuttering is very bad in this one.
Closed Thread