Audio Problems

CaptainShake

Solid State Member
I recently got my new gaming pc up and running with Windows 7 and it's been working pretty well, save for some audio problems. At first my speakers sounded a little dull in the rear port, so I plugged them up front and they sounded awesome. But then when I plugged them in the back again, they didn't work at all. I had front port greatness so I didn't really care. But now, my speakers start connecting and disconnecting while plugged in and it makes that annoying static noise each time. I tried my headphones, same thing. When I restart the computer, it fixes the problem for a bit but it always comes back. Anyone know why this would happen? Any help is greatly appreciated.

My drivers are all fine and it isn't just static, the speakers are disconnecting and then reconnecting constantly while they're plugged in.

Edit: Anything else I plug in is also doing the same thing.

It's gotten progressively worse, and now my computer says it doesn't detect speakers or headphones from either front or back ports. I tried 2 scans and they didn't detect any sort of malware. This PC is literally a week or 2 old and was working fine with audio until yesterday. I've bumped into it with my knee once or twice could that have done this?

Back
Top Bottom