audio problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

killthenakedcat

In Runtime
On my computer there are two areas for audio input and output. The one is of course in the rear and they other is on the top(or front) of the computer, like most computers have. The rear has 6 slots and the front has just the 2, one for mic and one for output. The only one on my computer that works right now is the rear, the front gives me no sound, how do i make it so that the front works...I dont care if the rear doesn't. Also I only ask this because I am having a problem with my mic and want to switch to the front in order to see if the front mic works.

INFO: the problem with my mic is, it works fine when i use it in any sound recording device, but when I play counterstrike or use ventrilo or even skype my voice sounds terrible, like im using the speakers because you can hear the game in the speakers and there is a lot of crackling noise in the background that takes over and it just takes over the sound and is extremely annoying. It is not the mic because it works fine and my old mic has the same problem as well. Yes, it is a headset not a standalone mic. I also tried disconnecting the line out of the headphones and just connecting the mic input jack but it still happens...any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom