Audio and Media Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sircadian

Beta member
I have a Sony Vaio PCG-GRV550 Laptop and i just did a fresh OS install as well as programs. I am having problems with the audio. I play MP3's in any media player, (iTunes, Windows media player, Real etc), and the songs slow down and skip, get jumpy or scratchy. I also get this in audio if i play a DVD or avi in windows media or winDVD 7. I have uninstalled the audio drivers and reinstalled them with no luck. I have manually removed all the audio driver files through windows explorer and through a DOS prompt and still no luck. Can anyone tell me where else i might go to try to fix this issue? I have searched the net for patches and installed any vaio patches for this model and still no luck. I am at a loss and am starting to think it might be a hardware issue with the sound card, (chip).

Has anyone run across this before?

yea that is weird....is the rest of your hardware in good shape or is it getting old and dusty....? otherwise i'd say the soundcard is your problem. look into getting an external soundcard perhaps

You may have not installed all the drivers...or at least not correcty....
Enable full hardware accelleration for audio under sounds in control panel.....

Sony could be ripping you off because they somehow broke ADT in windows to give impossible performance.
I only know of alien ware actually ripping people off, becaue they sold OLD overclocked processors and marketed them as new processors....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom