audio issue

percussionman11

Baseband Member
Background info....

I have Windows 10 pro (64 bit)
I use Google Chrome
I have three audio devices:
- Speakers (plugged into SB Audigy sound card)
- Headphones (plugged into motherboard)
- Oculus Rift (plugged into video card and USB slots)

When I go to play videos from Google Chrome on various websites including CNN through my speakers the commercials play audio/video correctly but when I get to the actual video I intend to watch the audio stops and the video keeps playing. If I watch the audio device in my Sound>Playback I can see the levels 'bouncing' showing audio is being recognized as playing however I can't hear it. If I switch my audio device to my headphones I can hear the audio fine. Also, if I play the same video in Microsoft Edge with my speakers it works fine.

I've updated my drivers on both my motherboard and SB Audigy devices, I've gone through tons of Google recommended troubleshooting and still no solution that works. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 days and no replies, man I must have this community stumped or everybody is still recovering from Father's Day weekend. This forum has always resolved my problems and now I have 2 questions without even one hypothesis.

Don't disappoint me now Techist Forums! :)

In all seriousness though thanks in advance for any help/suggestions cause I'm genuinely stumped here.

Can you post a screenshot of your Output tab on the Sound dialog? Also the Volume Mixer (right click the sound icon -> Volume Mixer).

Which device are you expecting the audio to come out of? The speakers I'm assuming? Any settings in the sound card software?

Finally solved this problem after doing a ton more digging around.

The problem was I had my speakers configured for 7.1 Surround accidentally instead of Stereo (they are 2.1 speakers) which resulted in the audio not coming out properly which is why sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. Hopefully this helps somebody else in the future cause I spent way too much time on this considering the solution and how easy it was.

Finally solved this problem after doing a ton more digging around.

The problem was I had my speakers configured for 7.1 Surround accidentally instead of Stereo (they are 2.1 speakers) which resulted in the audio not coming out properly which is why sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. Hopefully this helps somebody else in the future cause I spent way too much time on this considering the solution and how easy it was.

That's the way it usually works out. Glad you found the solution.

Back
Top Bottom