audio chip or audio drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
This is a weird problem I have never experienced until now. I'm on one of the computers I built for a friend over a year ago, and while playing music through foobar, I heard a loud static um, noise, that was roughly 1/4 of a second in length. Then all the audio cut out completely, not just foobar, but windows sounds as well. Then every few seconds, I hear the same static noise, but still no other audio.

I am currently looking for the drivers for this mobo since I'm using onboard, it's a pcchips mobo, searching for the model number as I type...

Any suggestions if it's not the drivers?

Try different speakers. Try a sound card if you have a spare one, or pick up a cheap one and if its not the problem, just return in.

Good ideas, they'll have to wait though, I have a spare video card and a spare set of speakers, but since my basement is flooded, I can't get to them, thanks for that suggestion! I'm still downloading the drivers, over two hours, Pcchips website is uploading at a horrific 4kbps, get with the times pcchips, get rid of your 28 baud modem!

Good ideas, they'll have to wait though, I have a spare video card and a spare set of speakers, but since my basement is flooded, I can't get to them, thanks for that suggestion! I'm still downloading the drivers, over two hours, Pcchips website is uploading at a horrific 4kbps, get with the times pcchips, get rid of your 28 baud modem!

Well you may want to try a sound card, instead of a video card :p.

LOL, I have tons of each, I am just frustrated at the basement situation and can't think straight, I have an old Creative Soundblaster Live that works I can grab when I get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom