Audio Card with F117A (DOS game)

Curbkiddytech

In Runtime
Yet another problem for the Sherlock's of the computer industry to solve! So we have this old computer that runs DOS still with a couple of jet fighter games that my dad and I both love to play and he recently found a website that allows you to download these games on newer OS's, like his Windows XP. An even bigger surprise is that we got one of them, F-117A Stealth Fighter 2.0, to work! The game works best with an old 2-axis 2-button joystick like the one shown in the link at the bottom. I asked my uncle how to make the old joystick work with the game and he said we needed an old audio card with a game port on the back, so we bought a Diamond Xtreme Sound 5.1 audio card. Good news is that Windows XP recognized the joystick at first and I was able to recalibrate it, but when I was in the game the joystick wouldn't respond, and when I restarted the computer it wouldn't work at all :/

The directions mentioned something about disabling the onboard audio from the motherboard which I can do, but i skipped that step and the joystick still worked at first so do I need to go back and do that, or am I completely off entirely?

The directions mentioned something about disabling the onboard audio from the motherboard which I can do, but i skipped that step and the joystick still worked at first so do I need to go back and do that, or am I completely off entirely?

If the instruction manual says disable the onboard audio for it to work on xp and be the default sound device I would do so.

About the drivers for your controller what kind of controller do you have and what os is it compatible with.
If memory serves me right there are some controllers out there that won't play nice with computer games and the end, makes you pull out your hair.

Back
Top Bottom