Audio card broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aelfhere

Beta member
Hey,
Last night i accidently hooked my audiocard (On-board 5.1) line-out up to my tv line-out.... the tv was on :s
Since then my sound on my computer is acting weird. When i turn on some music it starts of ok but then deteriorates over 10sec up to 10min. It starts to crackle. First in the low freq. then more and more till there's only crackling and then next to nothing. It gets worse if i play at a higher volume.
I checked all cables at first and then i even put the cable to my pc speaker in the headphones line-out at the front of the pc. same thing there. So i figure it must be the card right?
Now obviously I'm a cow for having done what i did, but here's the real question:

Does anybody know what happened?
Can it be fixed or am screwed and shoul i buy a new card?

Thx!

I have had the same problem except i never plugged anythin it, my vloume dies down then comes up or goes off. i have opened my pc and i found that my card is slipping out but i dont know if it is still is but the problem still continues but it stop for a while untill i knocked my case. i don't think your card is broken as such

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom