"an attempt was made to execute non executable memory" error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrshanno

Beta member
Error- "An attempt was made to execute non-executable memory"
I am getting the blue screen on death...pardon me if I posted on the wrong forum heading.

The error is "an attempt was made to execute non-executable memory" Stop:0x000000FC

It tells me to go in with safe mode and disable or remove any newly installed software or hardware. The problem is that when I try to use safe mode, I get another blue screen of death "Page fault in non paged area" Stop: 0x00000050

So I'm stuck in an endless cycle.

I haven't installed any new hardware. I have had three potential software changes:
1- windows just updated and restarted
2- Memory upgrades, flash media, and usb storage at Crucial.com did a memory analysis to tell me how much ram I had , etc
3- dell support did an automated system check

That's all I can think of...I'd like to tackle the blue screen of death problem, but can't even use safe mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

Hmmm.. I would do a memory check at first. Microsoft Online Crash Analysis

Please post what OS, DELL model no etc for better answers.
If its XP or later version and system restore is enabled you can restore
the system to an earlier date when system worked fine.

Sam

well if he cant use safe mode then he cant restore it. but try taking one stick of ram out and then booting. sounds like a ram issue. i had that blue screen many times on my old celeron rig

thanks guys...I tried to take the memory sticks out one at a time, and I gave the tower a good cleaning to no avail...still the same blue screen and it won't start in safe mode.

By the way I have a Dell E310 XP home edition sp2 with 1GB ram (2X512).

thanks for any more help you can give or any one else.

mrshanno

thanks guys...

I ran memtest, and it found no errors. I ran it all day. Thanks for any other ideas you can give.

mrshanno

just sorted this problem heres how its not a memory problem..its windows update sevice pack, using system restore with erd will not work,nor chkdsk in recovery console you have to run windows over the top,choose repair ,then reactivate and away you go with nothing lost this was on a newish dell

i have a similar problem, when i turn on my computer it says that windows did not start successfully.....it then gives me the options to start windows in safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, last known good configuration or start windows normally.....however, no matter which one i choose it comes up with the blue screen and says that an attempt was made to execute non-executable memory..... i do have a windows XP computer repair CD but i dont know how to load it or make the computer read it....i have an external cd/dvd drive as well as the normal one.......i think the problem started after i shut the computer down while it was downloading automatic updates. Any help with fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated

(also i did some searching on the internet and found 2 programs that i can download, 0x00000001 Repair Tool and Blue Screen Repair Tool, however i'm a bit suss about them does anyone know more about them...also if i did download them i need to get them onto my computer to fix the problem and i dont know how to do that)

you'll need to change the order in which your devices boot up. you probably have the hard drive set to boot first. Press F12 at startup and choose to boot from the cd drive first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom