ATI VPU recover problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rushy82

Beta member
Hi all,

I've been having problems with my Sapphire X1950 Pro gfx card. I've got XP SP3 and the latest drivers for the X1950 (it's legacy now) and also CCC installed but I get these 2 problems:

When playing C.O.D Black Ops, after about 5 minutes I get these crazy artifacting (really pixalated on screen) and then my system reboots. When playing C.O.D MW2 after about 30 - 60 minutes I get the VPU recovery error come up on my system.

My current rig is:

OS Windows XP SP3
CPU Type Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed 2.66 GHz
2X2GB RAM (Brand new Corsair Gaming RAM with no problems)
Hard Drive Size 250.0 GB
Dual Layer Yes
Graphics Card ATI Sapphire X1950 Pro 512MB PCI
Memory Size 512MB
Interface PCI-E
PSU is 650W

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem because as far as I know there is no issue with my PSU or my RAM's (as they are both brand new) but I am not sure if there is an issue between XP and the X1950 pro?

Error that comes up is "VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands"

Also, Direct X is latest version, .Net versions are 1.1 to 3.5, is there and ATI tool like Nvidia that actually gives you the exact driver you need to update to?

Since it is now a legacy product, you can try looking into Omega drivers.

I used to have a X1950XT. It started artifacting on me a few months before the warranty ran out so I was able to RMA it (got a 3850 in exchange). While I hope your card isn't crapping out on you it is still a possibility.

I think I found the problem. I don't think it's anything to do with drivers or anything like that, I think it is down to the card just overheating way too quickly. But what I don't get is the fact that when I put speedfan on, my temps don't get high. I have 3 temps showing on speedfan and on idle they are:
Temp1 - 23
Temp2 - 27
Temp3 - minus 68

these temps don't really change much anyway, but even when i'm playing a game like Modern Warfare 2 the highest they've gone up to so far is about 38 alhtough temp3 does not move at all, yet the VPU kicks in after a bit??

I just don't get what is happening with this card?

I did try the Omega drivers but with no luck either, think i'm just gonna have to wait til I got some money for a new gfx card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom