ATI Radeon X1950XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK,
Here we go then, Managed all and evry download possible over weekend and then tried GTR2 again. It runs in Low/Med detail then crashes again in High detail, BUT it runs now which it wasn't earlier.

NOW the question is, is it struggling to run High now with everything set to basic in CCC i.e. No Overdrive done so still running 500/543 Mem/Clock on Gcard and the 6800GT runs Just above these at 583/602 and this can't managed High detail either but doesn't crash, it just runs at FPS 10-14.

Comparing FPS between cards at Low/Med detail then there isn't much Diff + 6-8FPS. So to me it looks like turning everything up (One at a Time) on the CCC settings could be the way to go and then keep at Med detail and compare FPS to 6800GT Card. Would be annoyied if I've spent all this money on a rocking card to have No such Improvement.

The PSU is a Hiper 580Watt with Lots of Power as People are saying they run 370Watt to run in the Shop Forum (I don't Think so, Blew my 600Watt). It's also been suggested by a number of People to get a Major Brand PSU instead of the one that came with Box, which was Genric. Old PSU had 28Amps(One Rail) BUT new one has 18-20Amps on each rail.

Thxs for all the time,
Shaun.

Well, That didn't go according to plan!
I went into CCC and turned on the Overdrive. Ran the programe to find the best settings for the Clocks and it keeps hanging?
Then reinstalled the 7.4 driver after uninstalling so that the Overdrive was back to normal. Even though the programme hung it changed the clock speeds. Hence the need to reinstall as NOTHING worked after the Overdrive was enabled.

Now that I have started again from scratch I went back to GTR2 and ran at Med detail and the game crashed again, then tried LOW detail and guess what, IT CRASHED!!!!!

Does this point to a knackered Card????

Regards,
Shaun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom