ATI Radeon 9700 Disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

yihua876

Beta member
hey im new to the forums here but a friend told me this was good for computer problems. anyways, a few days ago i was playing a game and left it alt-tabbed for a while. when i came back the resolution changed to 800x600 and it turned into a tiny block in the middle of my screen. i think my computer is normally 1920x1600. i tried to set my computer resolution to 800x600 to see if it would stretch to fit my monitor like it normally does but it doesnt anymore. i thought the problem might have come from my graphics card so i went to display properties -> adapter -> and disabled the device. i rebooted and enabled the device again and the resolution was fixed.

however, i started up my computer the next day and the resolution got messed up again. so i disabled the device again and now my computer wont start. windows will not load at all. i get to the screen with the logo and the loading bar on the bottom and then it goes black. i can get to the boot menu and the setup menu and i have tried repairing windows using a cd but it still wont work. does anyone know how to fix this problem or at least get to DOS?

im using a Dell Inspiron XPS, 3.4 gHz, ATI Radeon 9700, 1 Gig of RAM. please help, and thanks in advance.

Oh my God.... You disabled your graphics card.... Oh my God... hahahahahaahahahahahaha wow.... haahahahahah wow... that was a good chuckle.

Sorry man, but this is pretty elementary :p It's not a huge deal.

If you have another video card somewhere, like a PCI video card, throw it in there and plug your monitor cable into that. When you get into windows, enable your video card, and then you should be fine

Sorry for laughing :p

Start windows in safe mode by hammering down F8 while booting. When you get to a screen to select what you want to enter, choose safe mode.

When your in, enable your graphics card again.

i already tried the safe mode thing and it says windows cannot start because the following file is missing or corrupt. system32/hal.dll. i think i have another internal graphics card or something and thats what it used to start up the first time when i disabled my radeon. but now windows wont load at all so i cant enable any of them. oh and i dont mind if you laugh, im a noob techie haha. but yea, any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom