Votes: 0 0.0%
  • trash... get other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SC]Hawk

Baseband Member
i have just bought a new ATI RADEON 9600xt (of EBAY) and i was going to place it on my computer which has a IBM motherboard and to my susprise the graphics card wouldnt work. At first i thought that the board couldnt "handle" the card but i have another computer with the same board and it runs te next card down the 9600se. Now i know that they are two differnet cards but youwould think that they would work?

As i thought that the card had the problem i emailed to owner and after alot of stuffing around i sent the card back and the owner send that he card was fine! but before this email he had send that he will send a new card straight way if i was to leave possitive feedback! so i wonder if the card is working and he is ust trying to get good feedbak?

so cut a long story short i would like to know i any1 has had this problem and if someone would be able to tell me if IBM moherboards are able to handle ATI RADEON 9600xt.

if you could reply asap as i need to get back to the seller soon.

p.s is this what you get for buying of EBAY ? :eek:

no when i turn the computer on it has a black screen and goes beep beep beep beep and then turns off

just to clear things up, some cards are not compatible with some boards, most likely due to the chipset on the motherboard or some other random conflict.

I had this happen to me once, my 9600 would not run with an ASROCK mobo with the 865GV chipset, but when I switched motherboards to a Gigabyte mobo with 865PE chipset it worked great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom