ATI HD 4650 video AGP card issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitndahedfred

Beta member
Hey guys,,, I did do a search and didn't find what I was looking for so I will ask away.

I have this video card ATI HD 4650 video AGP ...

It has SVideo out but I cannot get it to work. My system is pretty nice but not "new"

Here is an overview of it.

ASUS P4P800SE mobo
2 gigs OCZ ram
Socket 478 P4 Prescott 3.0GHz hyperthreaded
Plus the usual DVD n cdrws
SATA drives n stuff

ATI Radeon HD 4600 vid card 400MHz
1 gig ram on card

Running XP Pro 32 bit

Anyway I wanted this card to use with my flat screen tv so see movies from my PC. The properties does show my dual monitors and I am running dual mons now but I cannot get the SVideo to cooperate with me.

What am I missing here? It doesn't even show the TV when it is connected and on? I do NOT have any doc for the card and my online search just leads me on a shopping trip.

Any hints or tips? I would not want to install a second vid card just to watch internet TV.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.

Fred

Sure do,,, even got the "hotfix" Shouldn't it show up like a monitor in the box that shows connected devices?

Set up on the TV as far as using the correct input. I have the Svideo from the card plugged into AV3 along with the sound. I get sound but no video.. It has to be something stupid on my part. LMAO
I have never had this issue and I have been in this business for almost 15 years. I got into it when we were writing drivers in notepad dude. Modems were the worst,,,lmao

But anyway back to the issue at hand.. I'm kinda at a loss on this one.

Hrmmm,,

I did NOT know there was more than one type of SVideo cable. I have several here. Lemee try a couple more and then reply.

THANKX good info to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom