ATi 9800 - Bad Flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMajor

PowerQuest / Opera
I have a broken ATi 9800. I don't know which brand. It says Foxconn on the S-VIDEO connector, but it seems that it could be a PowerColor when you Google the number on the card (PN 109-A07500-00).

It has probably been flashed to 9800 Pro; it shows bad patters (checkerboard) and it hangs at the POST screen saying "Updating NVRAM..." or "Updating NVRAM...OK"

So there's no way to flash it.

I tried booting with a PCI card next to it (PCI is primary in BIOS) but it still hangs at Updating or Checking NVRAM...

The only way to get the BIOS to post correctly is to insert both my Nvidia Ti4200 and my TNT2 PCI card, then I have to use the jumpers, turn off the PSU with the switch, push the power button so the fans spin for a second, then power on the PSU and boot. I can't reset the BIOS with only the PCI card or only the Ti4200 card in it.
As soon as I insert the ATi 9800, by itself or with the PCI card, it hangs at NVRAM and keeps doing that until I reset it using the above method.

There's an option in the BIOS that says "Clear NVRAM" I set it to "Yes" and booted with the ATi, but it didn't do anything.

Any suggestions?
The card has Samsung (325) 3.3ns memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom