Atapi incompatible

Status
Not open for further replies.

AidensFather

Beta member
I have a minor problem that I know is probably easy to fix, but Im baffled. I put together a computer for a friend, and something went wrong with it. So I decided to just swap harddrives and get him a computer back. Well after doing so, it came up with sec master and slave atapi incompatible. And it does it everytime no matter what order they are in.

Because of the fact I didn't want to deal with it, I swapped the harddrives back just to use the computer with my old stuff. I had two harddrives in it, and put them back. Now Im getting the same thing. Ive swapped ribbons, made sure the jumpers are on master and slave, and even put just one hardddrive in to get it to work but I get the same thing. Can't even get into the bios cause it says hit F1 to resume, and won't give me the option to go into setup.

When I resume, it says boot disk needed, but there is an OS on the main drive I want to use. Im just confused as to why it won't work anymore. I just wish I could get into the bios but I can't figure it out. Ive hit all the typical buttons to enter setup

Here are my specs, any help would be appreciated.

systemax venture C9
694x Apollo pro socket 370 atx base systems with integrated audio
intel pentium III
512 ram
quantum fireball 80g
western digital 60g

How so I update the bios without being able to access the harddrive? I put the harddrive into another CPU and it works fine. But when I put it in the original case, it says to insert a bootable disk in drive a. It was working perfectly until I swapped. And I can't get into the BIOS, it doesn't tell me what button to hit and I hit all the ones I could think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom