Asus Touchpad Troubles

kygiese

Beta member
Hello, I have an Asus S56C Ultrabook and recently ive been having troubles with the touchpad. The FN+F9 option to turn off the touchpad will not work, and i have also tried to uninstall it from device manager, but after a restart nothing has changed. I the no use for the touchpad as i use a wireless mouse all the time. The touchpad just gets in the way when trying to type or game.
Help!

Try installing the Touchpad drivers from Synatpics: Drivers | Synaptics

Also make sure you have the extra software properly installed from ASUS; such as the OSD software, as well as keyboard filter software, otherwise the FN+F** key combinations won't wok.

The Synaptics driver download fails. I tried it 3 times.
All I really want to do is disable the touchpad as i won't ever use it.

The Synaptics driver download fails. I tried it 3 times.
All I really want to do is disable the touchpad as i won't ever use it.

What windows os are you using again and is it 32bit or 64bit ?
Lets try something diffferent:

Download this:
Download starting... - Softpedia

Next do this:

Extract the Synaptics driver using whatever program you use for that sort of thing. I use Winrar. Go into the WinWDF folder, then the x64 folder. There you're going to see a file named synpd.inf. This is file you're going to look for here in a bit. Now go into your Device Manager and find the touchpad. Right click on it and select 'Update Driver Software...'. Then select 'Browse my computer for driver software'. Then select 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'. Then choose 'Mice and other pointing devices', and hit 'Next'. Now hit the 'Have Disk and choose the file you extracted into the folder.

If all that still does not work, call asus technical support.

Back
Top Bottom