Asus rampage Formula not monitoring cpu temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMIslander

Beta member
Asus Rampage Formula mb with q9550 cpu.
The cpu temp reported in bios is 0c or 32f. I have updated to the latest bios to no avail.
I can, thankfully, monitor with RealTemp 3 which tells me the sensor must be working. The asus software and also speedfan report the cpu temp as 0.
I have a zalman cnp9500 cpu cooler installed through a zm-mfc2 fan controller. I was wondering if this may be the problem but it should not affect bios readings.
The temps seem ok in realtemp, 40 idle and 58 to 63 running prime95.
All voltages and multipliers are set to stock.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Let me get this straight, you are complaining about a CPU temperature of freezing? Most of us live our whole lives and never get to see our processor operate under freezing temperatures. What is your secret?

Hehheh, okay, getting serious, I don't know how this could be fixed, but it's obvious that your BIOS is screwed. The only thing I could suggest is contact the motherboard manufacturer and see if they are aware of this problem so they can get to work on correcting it. Good luck.

Yes I have to keep a heater next to it at night so the bits don't get cold.
But it is puzzling to me that RealTemp picks up all temperature data from the q9550 but the asus software sees all except the cpu temperature data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom