Asus P8P67PRO Rev3 Mobo PCI x16 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

_SomeOne_

In Runtime
Its not working when i put my HD 6970 in it... i get one long beep then three quick ones solid red light (no VGA Detected)

The card works in the x8 slot though.

Iv tried updating the BIOS, moving the RAM around and removing the silver battery from the motherboard

Is it just a faulty motherboard?

Hmmmm, I don't know if this sounds similiar to the problem with my ati hd 5450 awhile back but....
Take your video card again and put it back into the slot and make sure it is comfortably snugged inside the PCI-E 16 connector.
Make sure you hear a gentle click when inserting, while having your machine case open and on it's side.
Connect the VGA port into the monitor and make sure it is secure and turn on the machine got testing.
If all goes well it will flicker on and you should see the ATI's video card bios screen briefly and go through the boot up process.

Make sure that your RAM isn't getting ready to fail also, if it does that series of beeps again without the video card, it's time to RMA your ram and and get a new pair of ram soon.

I will have to try this tomorrow since its my brothers computer and he is a sleep atm.
It could be that its not fitting in right.. because i tried my own gtx580 on there and it wouldnt even fit in at all.. It might be the Case that is not letting me put it in all the way (case is blocking the card)
I might take out the motherboard and try and fit it in then.. if that doesnt work then im pretty sure that its a faulty motherboard.

btw the ram is brand new.

Ok then, post back in here what you done, and I will be checking this thread at 2pm when I get back home from my church.

Alright.. i removed the motherboard from the case and tried again.. and i still get the same problem.
Im sure its a faulty PCIe x16 slot.. since all the other slots work

Well, you have some choices here, use the other pci-e 8x slot and bare with it, or have asus look at the mobo for possilble repair or replacement of the whole mobo.
Find it odd though your new ati card is refusing to boot even when having the six pin connector in it.

Im gonna send it back since i only bought it this week.
Amazon sent me the wrong mobo anyway.. i paid for the "Pro" and got the "Evo" instead.. Thought i got lucky until i tried to use it -.-

Asus P8P67PRO Rev3 Modo PCI x16 Problem

Sorry i mean Mobo =P

Anyway.. i still have the same problem. Iv had One EVO and two PRO's now and the same thing is still happening.

I have 4 different types of Graphic cards in my house and the same thing happens to them all.
> Turn on computer > VGA_LED turns red > turns off > turns on > Starts beeping.. its one long one then 3 short ones. Which means that there is no VGA detected.
I have tried moving the ram around (even used different type of ram sticks).. even started it up with no ram and also started it up with no Graphics card.
It works in PCI x8 and also the PCI x4 slots.

Here the specs of my PC;
i5 2500k
Asus P8P67PRO Rev3
Corsair xms3 2x2gb ddr3
Corsair A70
Cooler master Silent Pro Gold 800W
Case.. if it some how matters: XCLIO Black Hawk
And the two main Graphic cards i have used: MSI GTX580 TwinFrozr2 AND Asus HD6970

ALSO: I already have this motherboard on my other computer and it works fine.
The specs to that are;
i7 2600k
Asus P8P67PRO Rev3
Corsair Memory 16GB 4x4GB Vengeance Performance DDR3 1600MHz CL9
Noctua NH-U9B SE2
Corsair AX 850
Case... again if it some how matters: Coolermaster HAF932
Both of the Graphic cards work on this, MSI GTX580 TwinFrozr2 AND Asus HD6970

Does any one know what is wrong? I dont think its something physical any more since this is the 3rd motherboard i have had.

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Re: Asus P8P67PRO Rev3 Modo PCI x16 Problem

Strange... Have you tried cleaning the contacts with rubbing alcohol, and what GPU are you using??? Are you sure you have adequate power for the card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom