Asus P8P67-V Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

roberttk01

Solid State Member
Okay, so I have it running right now, last night it was running absolutely amazingly, but when I turned it on this morning it was beeping just like it was when I first turned it on and nothing recognized the next. Well I read the manual. and read the section referring to bios beeps, but it does not refer to the 5 beep code that I am hearing. Can someone help me figure this out so I don't feel like using the M/B as a clay pigeon.

hate to tell you this but 5 beeps is typically a problem with the CPU :p

How are in are you getting, or 5 beeps and nothing but a black screen? and you say its working intermittantly? (i cant spell today) cpu might be loose

Okay, so I have it running right now, last night it was running absolutely amazingly, but when I turned it on this morning it was beeping just like it was when I first turned it on and nothing recognized the next. Well I read the manual. and read the section referring to bios beeps, but it does not refer to the 5 beep code that I am hearing. Can someone help me figure this out so I don't feel like using the M/B as a clay pigeon.

Post up your specs please so I can have a look at what you got.
Also need to know if this a new build or recent, current temps from bios if possible too.

This is a new build, and my first to add to it. The specs are:

-Motherboard - Asus P8P67-V Pro
-CPU - Intel i7 2600 1155
-RAM- I don't know the model, and I am starting to think that this is the issue. It is 8GB of DDR3 from Samsung. Originally in the Dell insprion 580 that I tore apart at the beginning of the build. I think this is the right one.
-OS- Windows 7 Professional
-GPU- EVGA Nvidia 570

....and I think that that about covers what matters. I use the NZXT fan controller that has an alarm, but I have cycled the alarm to make sure that it isn't coming from that.

CPU - i7 2600 1155
Mobo - Asus P8P67-v Pro
Ram - Came with the inspiron I ripped apart, it is made my samsung, 8GB ddr3
HDD - (2) 1TB "?" Also came with Insprion.

That is about it, I think it may be the ram, but I am not sure. I also cannot tell for sure if the beeping is coming from the mobo or the case. And it doesnt do it on start up anymore. I also cannot put the new bios onto the mobo, it is not loading then from the disk at start up. But the 5 beeps is still unknown, even to the asus tech reps don't know.

At the bottom right side of the mobo there is a small LED display, 2 digit, when the mobo fails to start it should be displaying a 2 digit code. What is that code? Your mobo manual should list what the code means.

I don't have that code display for some reason. It just beep profusely and at random intervals not cooresponding with any code in the manual or that the tech reps were familiar with.

I FIXED IT! After loading new bios and everything, I payed attention to the NZXT Sentry LX Fan Controller and saw that fan 1 kept going on and off line whenever the beeping would start. I think that the fan is drawing too much with it's led's

@ roberttk01, please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom