Asus p7p55d-e lx startup issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I will reinstall the x600 and see if it goes back to normal. What is the best way to remove drivers? Should I remove the drivers with the card installed then shut down and install the other card?

I would rather have the screen flicker a few times during startup with the x600 then have it be slow in Windows with the 8800gts.

Maybe this board just doesn't like Nvidia cards for some reason. Although I would have never thought that would be the case.

Uninstall drivers from Windows add/remove programs, restart, go to safe mode, run driversweeper, get rid of drivers, turn off, put new card in, boot up, and install new drivers.

In safe mode, Windows uses default drivers.

It turns out it was a driver issue. I uninstalled the driver like you mentioned and it did the trick. I have the x600 installed now and it does not flicker anymore during startup.

Another thing that I am concerned about is it does not give me a beep code every time. 99 times out of a 100 it will give me a beep code but not every single time. As many times as I have restarted it today, it gave me a beep code every time. It does not happen that often. Should I be worried about this? Will this be a problem years down the road?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom