Asus P5SD2-X + nVidia 9500 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

arisv

Beta member
Hello lads,

Recently, I bought a new graphics card (Sparkle nVidia 9500 GT PCIe 2.0).
So, I changed my old graphics card (6600 GT) with the new one & I turned up my computer but there were no signal in my monitor at all. Any ideas why?
I have already checked if that card needs an external power supply, but it doesn't.
Something I noticed yesterday, this card is PCIe 2.0, my question is: Is Asus P5SD2-X compatible with PCIe 2.0 cards or not?
I would be grateful to listen to any other ideas, suggestions & solutions.

Cheers,

PCIe 2.0 is backwards-compatible with PCIe 1.0, so no worries there.

Is your PSU up to the task? In other words, does it have the watts/amps to power the card?

Also, did you remove the old drivers before you removed the old card so you could install the new drivers with the new card?

Initially, thanks for your reply.
My PSU has 450W - As the computer store (from which I bought the card) told me, a 450W-PSU should work with that card smoothly.)
Did I have to remove the drivers of the old card before put the new one? It's the first time, I hear something like that..

Cheers,

In Windows you have to, but it doesn't matter if you can't get the thing to boot itself...

Is the 450w a good company PSU? or is it a cheap-o one?

Check if the card you got actually was working (try it in a friends comp)

The PSU is a good one, everything is ok with that issue. So I have to remove the drivers or not? I think that is pointless.. The signal in monitor/BIOS does not have to do with the drivers..

That's what I said int he first sentence, worry about that when you get it to work..

I'm pretty sure its the PSU, wattage doesn't matter, the brand does along with the amperage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom