asus p5k and raid 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok so i set up my new machine over the weekend and for some odd reason it actually booted off my old hard drives. Old machine was an amd 2800 with pcChips board and 1gb ddr2100 memory. New machine is an asus p5k mobo, with 2gb of corsair dd2 800 and 2gb of Ocz ddr2 800 (seperate rebates, thus the different brands both have identical timings), and an intel c2d 6600.

Like i said, i popped in my old hard drives ready to reinstall windows and low and behold it booted when i wasnt paying attention. EVERYTHING and i do mean everything is working perfectly. All i had to do was run the chipset disk. Me being the lazy ******* i am, i ran it like this over the weekend because i got tired of trying to get the raid to work.

When i boot into bios it sees both drives, 160gb sata drives, both plugged into the red ports on the board (sata1 and satat2), but when i try to do the ctrl-j to get into the raid setup, nothing happens and it boots. My question is, what setting am i missing in the bios to get it to let me set the raid. I have it set to raid in the bios but still no dice.

Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom