asus p5e and e8400 no post no video, fans spinning

Status
Not open for further replies.

heartofalion

Beta member
Wow i have taken a new distaste for Asus i order the p5e for my 8400 and it did the fans spin but no video post or anything. And then i read that asus was kind enough to advertise on there box that the board supported the chip, but alas they lied. Anyway i put my old p4 prescott in there to try and boot to bios so i could flash it and still no video. i have just barebones, videocard ram and proc/hsf. Everything turns on and whatnot but just like before no video no beeps no nuthin cept spinning fans...any sugestions?

EDIT: alright so i got it to boot...lol duhr missing connector....i flashed the bios, and now with the e8400 back in im still gettin the no video no beep issue

have you tried resetting cmos or taking out the battery for a good few min? and ur 100 percent sure you got the right bios to support wolfdale?

have you tried resetting cmos or taking out the battery for a good few min? and ur 100 percent sure you got the right bios to support wolfdale?

Yep i took the battery out overnite, and im 90% sure i have the right bios, im not by my pc now but when i work on it again (tommorow) i am going to flash it again just to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom