Asus motherboard chip fan not working - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 12:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Asus motherboard chip fan not working

Ive got a Asus SLI SE mobo and the chip fan isnt working, i get a warning when my computer starts up...

Is there an option in the BIOS to turn it on, or is it broke?
Anybody know how to fix this please?

Old 03-31-2006, 01:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

It should be on. Are you sure its not the fan itself or that you are plugging it into the right connection?

Old 03-31-2006, 01:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Broken - Asus will give you a new one. The boards had bad fans so they will replace them.

MAKE SURE YOU GET A NEW ONE. You'll have to send the whole board back if it overheats.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by turtile
Broken - Asus will give you a new one. The boards had bad fans so they will replace them.

MAKE SURE YOU GET A NEW ONE. You'll have to send the whole board back if it overheats.
Thanks man, at first i thougfht u sead the whole mobo was broke and i have to take my brand new PC apart that id only just built!!! that would have pi**ed me off big time!

So were would i get a new fan? i bought the mobo from ebuyer... so should i ask them or go to the asus website?
Old 03-31-2006, 04:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Broken just like any other ASUS board ever made.....

ASUS admits they made a mistake and now gives out free fans if you call them. I still haven't forgave those pricks. You will need to give them a phone call to get the fan of course, they may pull something like "your board is a new revision and the problem is fixed" but if your persistant they will give you a fan.

----------------------------------------------------------------

On a site note my new fan hasn't died yet but I have my doubts does anyone know the quality of the replacment fans?
Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Closed Thread