Asus motherboard chip fan not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame

Baseband Member
Ive got a Asus SLI SE mobo and the chip fan isnt working, i get a warning when my computer starts up...

Is there an option in the BIOS to turn it on, or is it broke?
Anybody know how to fix this please? :)

It should be on. Are you sure its not the fan itself or that you are plugging it into the right connection?

Broken - Asus will give you a new one. The boards had bad fans so they will replace them.

MAKE SURE YOU GET A NEW ONE. You'll have to send the whole board back if it overheats.

turtile said:
Broken - Asus will give you a new one. The boards had bad fans so they will replace them.

MAKE SURE YOU GET A NEW ONE. You'll have to send the whole board back if it overheats.

Thanks man, at first i thougfht u sead the whole mobo was broke and i have to take my brand new PC apart that id only just built!!! that would have pi**ed me off big time!

So were would i get a new fan? i bought the mobo from ebuyer... so should i ask them or go to the asus website?

Broken just like any other ASUS board ever made.....

ASUS admits they made a mistake and now gives out free fans if you call them. I still haven't forgave those pricks. You will need to give them a phone call to get the fan of course, they may pull something like "your board is a new revision and the problem is fixed" but if your persistant they will give you a fan.

----------------------------------------------------------------

On a site note my new fan hasn't died yet but I have my doubts does anyone know the quality of the replacment fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom