asus memory compatability list

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoryP

Baseband Member
I have a Asus P8P67 deluxe Mobo and 16gb Corsair vengence 1600 . When I first built this computer I started getting "memory management " bsod. So I took 2 sticks out and just ran 8gb of ram and I havent had any trouble with it at all. After researching I saw that asus has a memory compatibility list and my memory isnt on there. So my question is ... Is there any way I can get my all my memory to work. Or will asus eventually add this memory to the list and I can just update drivers or something to get it to work.

Youre issue more than likely is the excessive ram, and not the ram itself.

The more ram sticks you have, the harder the mobo has to work. You can actually fix it sometimes by upping your voltages as if you were overclocking.

patonb is correct, more or less. It's not the mobo that has to work though, it's the cpu (memory controller is built into the cpu). Exactly what Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz kit did you buy? Can you supply a link to them?

Please download CPU-Z and post a screenshot of the CPU, SPD, Mainboard and Memory tab like my example below. On the SPD tab you need to select a slot that has a memory stick installed.

CPU-Z ver.1.59
http://www.techist.com/forums/f128/screenshot-tutorial-239107/

cpuzd.jpg

sorry I havent been able to get on in awhile, but I finally got a pic of the CPU-Z screenshot
So hopefully you guys can tell me wants wrong with the picture and what I can change in the bios
Thanks for your help

Capture1-1.png
[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom