Asus m2ne-Sli mobo and my Processor not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash80

Beta member
First time poster, I recently built my new system.I have a Asus m2ne-sli Mobo, and an Amd64 x2 6000 processor,
the problem I seem to be having is neither windows xp sp2,or my mobo bios seem to be recognizing my processor model . Windows seems to kno its a dual core no Problem, im shure I have the most current bios for my mobo from the asus site,I also have my Amd drivers up to date for my processor.Any suggestions or steps I need to take would greatly be appreciated, or if more information is need I can post it no problem.

Also i was going to ask if anyone could tell me if with this motherboard I currently have if I will be able to upgrade to a Amd Phenom Processor. From my inital noobie look At the Mother board it seems to suport them can anyone confirm this ?

The problem with the unrecognized cpu is most likely a bios bug.
Go get the program called cpu-z, see if that will recognize your processor.

Also on the asus site, it doesn't seem to support the phenom right now...maybe later on they will release a bios update for it.

It you look on the bios version 0902 the description says this:

M2N-E SLI BIOS version 0902
Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website at: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-
Fixed system will show "AMD Processor Model Unknown" when AM2 6000+ CPU is installed.

yes cpu-z does recognize my processor model.
is there some where i need to get newer drivers or somthing ?

If you already have the newest bios I don't think there is anything else you can do. As long as everything is working fine you shouldn't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom