Asus GTX285 - Random No VGA Detected Boot Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjewk

Solid State Member
After waiting 11 weeks I finally got the stuff from my student flat back home. After a lot of work getting my computer back to normal, it seemed to be working fine (CPU fan was loose, caused power-up failure). However, now it won't boot most of the time, posting one continuous beep followed by three short ones, meaning no VGA is detected. It only seems to want to boot once i remove it from the PCI-E slot and then reseat it.

Both power pins are connected, and both lights are green at all times.
The GFX fan has been running at all times.
The card seemed overly warm at times, but after installing Rivatuner it is showing at 48 degrees max.
At two occasions, the whole system froze and I had to reboot which was then followed by the no vga detected boot failure.

Any thoughts? The only thing I can think of that maybe my PCI-E#1 slot was compromised during shipment. It would be such a hassle to move the card to a slot below that I'd prefer to know if it was at all likely first.

My specs are:
GFX - Asus GTX285
PSU - Corsair 650W TX Series
MoBo - Asus P6T DELUXE X58
CPU - Intel Core i7 920 D0 2.66GHz

Any help would be much appreciated.

I went through the hassle and swapped to the PCI-E slot below, and after approximately 10 boots in a row it's all good. Problem solved!

Try cleaning the slot out with compressed air, it may have some dust causing a poor contact. If not, I'd start the RMA proceedings.

It was the slot yeah, it's working fine now. It's a bummer though, wanted to use the other PCI-E slot to run three monitors. Guess I'll just get PCI gfx.

Thanks for the help indeed :) I've actually got a memory issue to I'd like to bring up, I'll post it later today!

Hmm, interesting.

Either that or buy a dirt cheap PCI vid card, seeing as I now only have one PCI-E slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom