Asus Eb1012P-B0320 mini-computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteFlare

Baseband Member
So, my friend recently bought one of these mini-computers on Amazon to mount to the back of his TV for Netflix and some other things. He hooked it up to a regular monitor via VGA, and it does not display anything. The computer turns on, but there is no post or anything. He then tried to hook it up via HDMI to his TV. His TV shows something plugged into the HDMI port, but there is no signal.

He shipped it back to the Amazon re-seller for a refund, and they shipped it back saying nothing is wrong with it...

Here is the Amazon page for the exact device he bought:
Amazon.com: Asus System EB1012P-B0320 Atom D510 DDR2 ION NM10 USB 3.0 HDMI/VGA Retail Chipset Intel NM10: Electronics

Is there anything I'm missing here as to why they say its working properly, and us not being able to get a display? I do understand the probability of it being a bare bone PC, but it should ATLEAST post, right?

I'm guessing you used a HDMI to DVI adapter? I once had one of these. But I sold it, being that I had little use for it and needed money.

Amazon can be stupid at times. My guess, they never fully tested it, just verifying the system turns on. Try contacting ASUS, and ask to RMA it. ASUS is good at repairing things. I had to send in a few boards, and my laptop. Always got back a working part. ;)

Thanks for the fast reply.

It wasn't Amazon who my friend sent it back to for the refund, it was another seller who was selling items on Amazon.

We did not use an HDMI to DVI adapter, we just tried a normal VGA cable to the monitor, and a normal HDMI cable to the TV. The only display interfaces the computer has is VGA and HDMI.

Didn't say in the description of what it had. Mine came with only a HDMI connection in the back. Yours might be slightly different, I take it.

Try and RMA it to ASUS, nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom