ASUS CM5570-AP003 DESKTOP PROBLEM...

Status
Not open for further replies.

REINDEERIV

Solid State Member
My ASUS CM5570-AP003 desktop was purchased for iRacing only and has been working fine. I recently purchased a new steering wheel and bad things have been happening.

My screen goes black, I hear a buzzing sound in my headset (similar to the sound of a transformer), the screen then turns blue with a bunch of stuff written in white letters then it shuts down. The blue screen is only up for a split second so I don't know what it says. When I turn it back on and load the game it will sometimes work okay for a few minutes and sometimes it will work for and hour or so.

I purchased the computer 4 months ago and it's only used for this one game. It has a 300W power supply and I wondering if an overloaded power supply would result in such symptons.

Could it be an overheating issue and if so, how can I determine that? Any help or suggestiions will be greatly appreciated.

It probably doesn't have enough power, yes.

It could also be the GFX/CPU overheating. As it is a low integrated card, I wouldn't expect much of it.

BIOS should tell you. As the problem often happens in Windows, try these:

SpeedFan to monitor RPM speeds
CoreTemp to monitor CPU temps
RivaTuner to monitor GPU temps

You can also try the trial version of Everest. On the left bar, Click "Computer" -> "Sensor"

(There are others as well, but this is what I use)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom