ASUS A9250 (ATI Radeon 9250/128 MB AGP) - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2006, 01:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Question ASUS A9250 (ATI Radeon 9250/128 MB AGP)

Weird error:

After installing the Asus driver for the A9250 video card, i get an error box that pops up when restarting/logging into or when trying to access the video card properties. The error box has no title and reads:

"Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation"

I made sure i was up to date with dotnetfix.exe and insted the latest version (2.0) of .NET (as required for the Catalyst software).

I also downloaded the newest driver from the ATI Website as well as the ASUS site (both the same) and i still get the error.

I also found a utility on ATI's site that removes any ATI applications to allow you to reinstall or install new drivers.

Because of this error, i don't have any of the advanced options in the adapter settings.

I know the card is good. My Win XP Pro is a fresh install (maybe a week ago), i don't have any other video applications that may be causing the issue.

There's nothing out there on the internet for help. I hope someone may have an answer for me.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

This happens when you try to access the catalyst software? Then reinstall the catalyst software, I have been having weird access issues with catalyst software too lately. I just uninstalled and left it that way - now no more worries!

"Every great adventure is started by a single step"
C2D e6300 @ 2.8Ghz w/ Zalman 9500
Gigabyte DS3 mobo
GeIL DDR2 800 (2x512)
EVGA 8600 GTS 256mb
WD 80GB SataII & WD 250GB SataII
MadDog DVD-CDRW 16x dual layer
Dual Acer 22' LCDs
Ultra X2 550 watt
Ultra Blue Aluminus ATX Mid-Tower Case
Old 07-27-2006, 08:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

Oh, i've reinstalled several (hundred) times! I've tried the ASUS version of the software/driver (from their CD), i've tried the Catalyst software from ATI's website - and no matter what i still get the same error message. This is quite frustrating as i can't change or see any advanced features for my video card!

ATI's support sucks *** - I can't even seem to find a link to get email support or call in for that.
Closed Thread