Asus A8N-Sli Deluxe - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2010, 02:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Unhappy Asus A8N-Sli Deluxe

First of all i would like to congratulate on such a good and helpfull site. It made me solve many problems. Unfortunately not this one:

I Have an asus motherboard A8N-Sli Deluxe with AMD athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ 2.01Ghz running windows 7 32 bit operating system.

I was working fine when i had 2 512Mb ram in DIMM A1 DIMM B1
However now i bought 2 1Gig Ram and insterted them in DIMM A2 and DIMM B2

when i try to boot up they sometimes let me boot but after a while a blue screen comes saying dumping physical memory. Tested both new rams and they work fine by themselves.
Now i am running my PC with just the new 2 1Gig Ram and withouth runnin a heavy application it seems that my PC is working fine.

Could someone pls tell me what is happening. I really need to use my PC with 3Gigs of ram and run other applications appart from the internet.

Thanks beforehand

Old 07-20-2010, 04:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Asus A8N-Sli Deluxe

Did you try you 2 x 1gb RAM in the A2 B2 slots? You could just have bad slots.

Try running memtest, testing each with one stick at a time. One of your sticks could be bad too.
__________________ Steam Account
Closed Thread