Asus a8n problems URGENT HELP WANTED - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 06-18-2006, 01:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Asus a8n problems URGENT HELP WANTED

Hey i just got a new pc bout 2 weeks ago

asus a8n-sli deluxe
amd 3700+@2200 sd
Ati x800gto2
tagen 480watt psu
200gig sata hdd

I recently overclocked the cpu to running at 2400 rather then 2200, seemed to be running fine for a week or so. but yesturday my mouse seem to just go crazy keeps freezing and jumping. my freind had the same problem when he overclocked his but after he took of his overclock it all stopped. however mine still remains, it is a cheap optical ps2 mouse. and is seriously annoying me because it makes the pc unuseable. if anyones ever had this problems or knows what it is or how to sort it out it could be greatly apriciated. cheers people

Old 06-18-2006, 02:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

ive never had that problem. But i would try a different mouse, just to see if that was the problem. If the mouse came with drivers or something, try uninstalling those.

Intel Conroe e6750
SLI EVGA 8800gts KO's
4GB Patriot DDR2 800mhz
22" Widescreen Sceptre LCD monitor 5ms
OCZ 700W psu
320gb seagate w/ perpindicular tech.
Creative SB X-Fi Fatality
Thermaltake Armor: Extreme Edition
Old 06-18-2006, 05:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

I agree try a second mouse, also possibly one using a different connection (usb or ps/2) that your current mouse if that doesn't help.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Techie
Default Re:

Also, make sure the plastic focus plate covering the CMOS sensor and LED on the underside of the mouse is clean and free of dust and dirt.

|Desktop PC| |Macbook Air 13" (Mid 2013)|
|Windows 8.1 Pro (x64)| |AMD FX 4100 Black Edition 3.6 GHz @ 4.0 GHz OC| |Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 PRO| |Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Super Overclock 1GB| |ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard| |Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD SATA III HDD| |Kingston HyperX 8GB PC3-14900 DDR3-1866| |OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU| |NZXT Vulcan Micro ATX Case|
Old 06-19-2006, 04:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Cheers people

Thanks for alll the help. i tryed it with a different mouse and it works perfectly. i was happy that i did not damage the Mobo or anything, . i messed about with the mouse, cleaned it and made sure there were no loose connections. and no change, after countless times of messing around i found out it was the cable. kinda random but as i said thanks for all the help it was greatly apriciated. sorry for messing you people around
Closed Thread