Asrock 939 Dual Sata and PNY 7800GS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Hello all, ran into a little problem. A friend of mine just upgraded the motherboard and CPU in his PC, and when he tries to use his PNY 7800GS Video card he said he can get into windows but after trying to change the resolution the system hangs and the wonderful siren sound goes off. His motherboard says not to use an AGP video card 3.3v or it can cause damage to the system. When he puts in his older Chaintech 5700LE card the system runs fine. He doesn't have his video card box/information anymore, can anyone tell me if the PNY card uses 3.3v? Or offer any other explanation why the system siren kicks on. XP Pro detects the card correctly but won't allow resolution change. He does have the power plug attached to his video card and has a very good power supply. Well, good enough for the system, it's an Antec 550 watt true power trio.

Any help is appreciated.

Any resolution, it defaults to the lowest. He said now he can't put the card in and turn on the PC without hearing the siren alarm.

Go to the card makers web site AMD read the specs for this card. I would stop trying to user it till I found out for sure.

If anyone follows up on this thread, the card will not function with the board because the voltage is too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom