Artifacting at all speeds, any solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Besides buying a new card, my friend messed his card up after the fan stopped working and the tried to run it. It now artifacts at all speeds even with my zalman vf900 on it. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to even run it at minimum speeds. My dad said there is some stuff like free-on (I dont even know wtf he is talking about really) that super cools parts and could help somehow.

its most likley already fried if he ran it without a fan and there is nothing you can do if its fried.

I felt like being stupid and first took some dry ice with a fan and gloves and cooled the card but kept it in a cold environment. I then let it warm up so theres no condensation and then covered it in alcohol. I let it dry for 1 hour and then checked it and it all looked good. Reattached fan and ramsinks and its not artifacting after 5 minutes of use. Maybe, just maybe!

Well i let it stress over night and it ran for about 12 hours straight and finally its artifacting again. Ranges between 12k and 60k. I managed to get some overclocking while it was stressing. I think I set it to 400/700. I fell like getting dry ice and cooling the card near it for like an hour and dipping it in alcohol just incase water condenses and see what happens.

Freon mixed with fire creates "mustard gas"; a deadly poisonous gas used to kill soldiers in World War One...it could also freeze your nuts right off... dont mess with it.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom