Anyone have a wd elements drive newst model

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know it doesnt matter from that the stand by perspective i was just saying that when you have a hard drive connected to windows based computer ,files could be accessed or read without you even going into the drive
depending on applications you have on the computer so im just saying when it comes to what western digital told me it does matter because on my popcorn hour unit it doesnt work that way once a drive is not in use it spins down and stays down till accessed again

western digital was telling me that whether i access it or not the drive could spin up with activity which like i just said applies more to an actually windows setup and not my situation

im not asking anything else i was just elaborating on what i was told here vs what the actual company told me and them being wrong

Well technically, that's wrong anyway. It depends on what files you have stored on it. Mine never spins up unless I try to access it because I use it as an archive for files as opposed to something programs have access to.

WD support kinda sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom