any way to clean cpu ?? (dust ) - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2007, 12:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: any way to clean cpu ?? (dust )

Originally Posted by Froberg View Post
Um.. you did put new cooling paste on it after, right?

Whenever you remove a heatsink it's necessary to clean and repalce the thermal compound. For best results at any rate.

Also, whenever you blow compressed air into your fans, keep a finger on them so they don't spin at speeds they're not designed for.
thanks for that, I must keep in mind.. (well i have not replace the thermal compound.)

Why in the world did you remove the heatsink to just clean it? Compressed air would clean it up pretty good by itself. Removing the fane to get under it I can see, but removing the whole heatsink...?
Well I think it's good idea to do that, well my cpu temperature is lower that usual.. ( it worked) fan and heatsink are attached together, and we can
deattache and just clean it because i did not want to see dust.. I just checked temperature CPU's - 40 and motherboard's 34 well i have attached case fan too, but when i did not have that( also with dust), it was CPU's 50 and motherboard 35/6/7,
isn't it good then ??

Closed Thread

Posting Rules