Antec Sonata II Power Problem:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSoderstrom

Beta member
Hello folks,

I purchased an Antec Sonata II about 10 months ago and up until recently, everything has been working great. However, I went to turn on my computer this morning and nothing happened when I pressed the power switch. After unplugging the power cords, turning off the PS switch, plugging everything back in and pressing the power switch, I was able to get it to boot up after several tries.

Since my computer seemed to be working fine once I was able to boot up, I'm assuming it's my power switch going bad. However, I have been looking around on the internet and I've seen a whole lot of reviews on this case that say the Sonata II has a junk PS. I'm wondering if anyone here might be able to tell me if this problem sounds like a PS problem or if it's just a bad power switch. I have seen a few forum posts from people complaining about a bad power switch, so I'm hoping that's the case. If it is a bad power switch and anyone here knows how to fix it/where to get a new one, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Benjamin

Well what you could do is trouble shoot first install a new power switch and if that doesn't work get a new psu. I recommend a Seasonic, trust me they may be pricey but they make up for it in real good reliability and quality. As for the power switch ill get back to you on that.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. No need to get back to me; it was definitely the power switch. When I got home last night, I swapped out the power switch wires with the reset button's wires. The button is a little small, but it works like a charm.

However, if and when my PS goes bad, I'll definitely look into Seasonic.

Thanks,

Benjamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom