Antec 900 Case - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2007, 01:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Angry Antec 900 Case

I have just bought a new PC with the Antec 900 case, but the problem is the rear, top and both front fans do not run when i start the PC. The rear one started when i blow it around a little bit and so does the bottom front one but still the top front one and the top 200mm one doesn't spin. the top front one doesn't even have a working LED on it, whether there is one but its broken or they didn't fit one? but anyways i really need these fans to work, and if anyone could tell me what might work that would be great. i have tried looking for loose connections but i cant see anything, and to be honest don't know where to look so any help there would be great as well

Old 04-21-2007, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via ICQ to dead.pixel Send a message via AIM to dead.pixel Send a message via Yahoo to dead.pixel
Default Re: Antec 900 Case

There should be molex connectors on every fan in the case, just plug those into your PSU and they should run. If you can't find the connectors, dig around; they might be wrapped around the fan. The top front fan should have a working LED, but the LED will only work if the fan is spinning, I believe.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Yeah ive had a look and it seems that the wires come from the fans and all bunch together into some blacks things with 4 little notches on it. it then goes in a thick wire into the PSU. so i think its all ok whether the fan it just funked i dont know.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

If you just bought it, can you take it back? A brand new computer should work correctly without your having to trace fan wires and LEDs.

If the answer to that is no, then I'd suggest trying unplug them and then plug them back in again to make sure they're secure and properly inserted. Once this is done, if they still don't work, try swapping the fans. Take one of the working fans out and see if one of the non-working ones will work if you plug it into the same connection.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Smile Re: Antec 900 Case

Yeah i think you right I've got a warranty so i will send it back, I'm getting more problems with it now so i think i need to. Trouble is i suspect the connections may have been broken or damaged while it was being delivered, so i may happen again but I'm sure my dad will have a word with them, sort 'em out :P

Thanks for the help :happy:
Closed Thread