Another Sunbeam CCF Question - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Another Sunbeam CCF Question

Hi guys,

I feel stupid to ask this but it would not hurt to ask.

There is another issue that I am facing. I have been figuring out which direction to install the Sunbeam 1366 socket retention bracket into my motherboard and Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120 mm Core-Contact Freezer CPU Cooler on EVGA x58 3X SLI motherboard.

I am a bit puzzled about the direction for installing the fan because if I fasten the fan by an EVGA metal right next to the 8-PIN CPU Power Connector as it is in the way. Here is an image of it to get an idea:

How can you put a fasten by the EVGA metal? At this point, I put my bracket similar to this but a different motherboard. Here is an image of it:

I would love to see a snapshot of your EVGA x58 3x SLI motherboard so it will help me to understand how to install it properly as I have seen others are using same motherboard and fan heatsink.

Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On