Bigtrucker700

Solid State Member
The parts list as follows
754 AMD +3200
Asus K8N-E
1Gig Ram ddr 400
Nvidia 6800GT
400 W Power Supply

The Problem is I replaced the Heat sink and fan. Then I got a message that said cpu failure overclocking. I rebooted then it said system failure overclocking. Now when I replaced the heat sink the cpu pulled out with the old heat sink and fan without lifting the lever. Would that have damaged the mobo or cpu. When I put the new heat sink and fan the cpu fit right back in it's place. I don't seem to get a clear post now. The monitor never goes to the green light mode to show that it completed the post. Now I tried reseting the cmos and just start over but no post. Any Ideas

my friend did the same thing twice, his works still surprisingly, check to make sure all the pins are there and arent damaged, other wise id think about getting a new processor

Bent pins on a CPU myself once, if they are bent all it takes is a very small precision screwdriver and a very steady hand, but if you break even one it's as good as dead.

instead of a screw driver, use a mechanical lead pencil with no lead. The little holes are usually perfect for fiting the pins in.

also if u touch the pins u just bought ur self a new CPU.

hav u ever had problems with overheating before all this happened?
if so the whole time u had dried up thermal paste which is bad news

Open the lever on your processor, make sure the processor is properly seated in the socket, then put the lever back down. Replace the heat sink and then try again, and it will likely work :)

Oh, do be sure the power plug is UNPLUGGED before messing with RAM or processor, ALWAYS.

If it wasn't, that could be your problem :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom