Another Crash thread... SATA HD issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
This thing keeps crashing at random times..

Can someone tell me if this is installed right? I have my SATA 200G Maxtor OS HD installed to one of the plugs.. I believe it's SATA 2 plug... I swapped them for trouble shooting reasons.. I have an ASUS DVD R/W drive plugged into SATA also..

From what I gather, the top two SATA spots are for the north bridge and the bottom 4 SATA Slots are for the south bridge..

Is this just plug and play? I shouldn't have to set up a RAID profile for an OS HD, right? This is also a refurbished HD.. I'm not loading a lot on here because I'm thinking the HD is a POS..

DETAILS:
9950 Phenom (Mild OC @ 2800m - 39*C, was acting up before I OC'd It)
ASUS M3A32 Deluxe Wifi board
Corsair Dominator RAM 4G 2 X 2G.
Rosewill 750PSU

I'm starting to think it's this **** DVD R/W drive.. Every **** time I use it it crashes.. BUT I was up playing COD4 for 6 hours the other day w/ no issues..

Is there something in BIOS that would cause this crash stuff?? Anyone else w/ the same board want to give me some set up suggestions? I have my P+P OS turned on..

^ No sir... The other thread was for my Storage IDE HD that wasn't showing up.

This one is for: I want to make sure I installed my OS SATA HD Correctly. I was thinking the drive may be bad, that's why my system keeps crashing.

I don't know much about SATA and I want to make sure I installed it right. I'm going to reset my BIOS to see if maybe it was something that I changed.

UPDATE:

It's been acting fine now since I plugged the OS HD into the north bridge SATA connections along w/ the DVD R/W drive.. Odd... must have been a buggy south bridge controller.. Hmmmmmm..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom