Annoying Loud Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritvik

Solid State Member
Hey there,
When i run stuff that's graphics intensive,my computer starts making a warning sound. The second i quit these games the sound stops.
I'm running stuff like bioshock,half life 2 episode 2 and nfs carbon both on max and low settings and experience no lag or sluggishness in both, its just that irritating sound.
I do use silver thermal paste on the heatsink and the temps seem ok.
I'm postin a shot of them anyway.

I use the following
Intel Q6600 2.4.GHz, Asus P5NE Sli, XFX 8800GTS 640MB, Cosair 2 x 1GB ddr2
and a CoolerMaster 500W PSU .
The sound i hear is different from the sound made when i don't plug the 6 pin connector into my graphics card. A friend uses the same PSU for his 8800GTX which draws more power.
I'm thinkin it's either the psu or the cpu temps although both seem to be ok.
Any suggestions ??
Thanks in advance

might be your video card fan, download rivatuner and set the fan speed constant at 60%, and start up a game to see if the sound persists

hmmm The fan on the card runs at 60% by default .... i increased it with rivatuner cause i thought running games might be causing it to heat up. didn't make a difference same sound both at 60% and 85%.
The sound isn't the from the fan, and it doesn't happen all the time it's very random. It's a warning sound which i guess is from the motherboard

Dude that's completely weird. Never heard anything like that before. It does sound like a warning for something however. If you continue playing (Although I don't know how you could stand to hear it for long.) does the sound go on and on or does it stop eventually or shut down/hang your computer?

It keeps goin on ......it stops even if i pause and save ...but starts up again as soon as i'm done saving. stops as soon as i quit the application. but if i was to continue it just goes on & on. although i haven't tried it for more than say 30 secs....its just way too annoying. The computer doesn't hang or shut off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom