Annoying Error Message After Bio's Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones

In Runtime
Does anyone know what this error message means?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Invaild Boot.ini file
Booting from C:\windows\

RE:

Yes.. Windows Boots Fine.. I remember i had to go into a thing on the computer and had sometin to do with that.. We were trying to remove a virus.. But it still keeps popping up....

This will be my first help post.

From what I know that means it's trying to boot from another device before the hard drive, and upon not finding anything in the drive (floppy / CD / what have you) it goes to the next device in the boot priority.

Try going into your BIOS (by pressing DEL, F4, F1 during bootup [it depends on your motherboard which key it actually is]) and search for the boot priority. If this is really the issue, then setting your primary hard drive as the first boot device should stop the message.

should be in start, run, msconfig and in the boot.ini tab in the system config utility. In there is a invalid boot path.

I'm guessing you may of installed windows again or something and have a invalid boot path. Thats what I'm speaking of, also in the above statement I made for msconfig, see if in the boot.ini tab you have a "check all boot paths", click the button if you do (depends on os... just see if its there, its obvious if it is or not). After that close and restart.

RE:

No.. I never reinstalled Windows or ne thing.. It was a Topic under the norton antivirus site to remove a virus and i had to turn the boot.ini file thing off or something and now it wont go away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom